|The Profile of the Custody of Francis the Herald of Peace
The Custody of Francis the Herald of Peace in Papua was established by the Friars from the Province of the Martyrs of Gorcum in the Netherlands in 16 March 1937. Under the status of a mission area, the Friars in Papua had the Regular Superiors as follows:
On 29 November 1986 this area was transferred by the Province of the Martyrs of Gorcum in The Netherlands to the Province of St. Michael the Archangel in Indonesia and on 18 March 1987, this area gained the status of Custodia Dependens. Since 21 September 2009 this area gained the status of Custodia Independent.
- Saturninus van Egmond OFM, 1937-1945.
- Nerius Louter OFM, 1945-1947.
- Oscar CremersOFM, 1947-1950.
- Claudius van de Westelaken OFM, 1950-1954.
- Manfred Staverman OFM, 1954-1956.
- Eelco Bruinsma OFM, 1956-1964.
- Dirk Lunter OFM, 1964-1967.
- Koos Houdijk OFM, 1971-1977.
- Jos Donkers OFM, 1977-1983.
- Jan Koot OFM, 1983-1987.
All custos in Papua
The list of Custos' names:
The Council of the period of 2008-2011
- Jan Koot OFM, 1987-1990.
- Theo Vergeer OFM, 1990-1996.
- Fred Dijkmans OFM, 1996-2002.
- Nico Syukur Dister OFM, 2002-2005.
- Ferdinand Sahadun OFM, 2005-2008
- Gabriel Ngga OFM, 2008-until now.
The territory of our ministry
- Custos: Gabriel Ngga OFM
- Vicar: Willem Warat Bungan OFM
- Council member: Nico Syukur Dister OFM
- Council member: Feliks Kalakmabin OFM
- Council member: Wilhelmus Gonsalit Saur OFM
- Council member: Amatus Mil OFM
The Territory of our ministry is the whole part of Papua, especially the Diocese of Jayapura, the Archdiocese of Merauke, the Diocese of Timika and the Diocese of Agats-Asmat.
Our ministries ranges from parishes, the Catholic Theological College Fajar Timur, schools and dormitories, orphanages, JPIC ministries, care of HIV-AIDS patients to ecopastoral.